Saturday, August 2, 2014

Vision Quest intent


My soul is stirring
This vision quest I do yearn
Who knows what it will bring
Oh how curious I am to learn 

What parts will show up?
What will remain in the dark?
What light will I absorb?
What transition will it mark?

What will I discover?
What thresholds will I cross?
What will I let go of?
What really will be my loss?

What surprises will I find?
What challenges will I meet?
What will shake my inner core
And land, thump, at my feet?

What will lurk in the shadows?
What mysteries will unfold?
What capacities will I reclaim?
What stories of wander and wonder will be told?

What will it mean for loving deeply?
Love, for which I so long
And to offer greater gifts to Mother Earth
Will I hear my song?

My questions may remain unanswered
These and many more
But my intent for this journey
Is to open up and explore


 




Poem: © Penelope Mavor 2014

Image: via Vivid Greeting Cards

No comments: